IOI 2021 CodeCombat Competition Side Event
Welcome all IOI ’21 participants to the CodeCombat Competition Side Event. Please see below for support resources.
23 June 2021 @ 4:30 pm – 11:00 pm (GMT+8)
Online on CodeCombat platform, streamed on YouTube
All IOI participants are eligible to participate in the competition. However, please note that some countries might not be able to participate due to access restrictions, such as North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba and Turkmenistan.
How to Apply:
Eligible IOI participants will be automatically enrolled to the competition.
All necessary login credentials will be provided one week prior to the competition day,
you may then get access to the platform and familiarise yourself with the operations.
Quick CodeCombat Starter Guide:
|16:30 – 17:00 (15 mins)||Competition Registration|
|17:00 – 17:15 (15 mins)||Competition Coding Arena Introduction|
|17:15 – 17:30 (15 mins)||Arena Test|
|17:30 – 20:00 (2 hrs 30 mins)||Ranking Round – Independent Coding|
|20:00 – 21:30 (1 hrs 30 mins)||Break|
|21:30 – 21:35 (5 mins)||Result Announcement (Top 16)|
|21:35 – 22:00 (25 mins)||Code Modification|
|22:00 – 22:45 (45 mins)||Knockout Round – Code Modification and Live Simulation with Commentary (Top 16)|
|22:45 – 23:00 (15 mins)||Result Announcement and Wrap-up|
Rules and Regulations
- Participants will compete on an individual basis.
- Participants are advised to login to the CodeCombat platform 30 minutes prior to the start of the event, i.e. 16:30 (GMT+8).
- Participants should use the username and password provided by the organising committee to access the competition coding arena.
- Upon login to the CodeCombat platform, please follow the instruction of the MC to enter the competition arena. Please do not start coding until you are instructed to do so.
- The coding arena is available in 60 languages, most of which are community translated, for the most seamless experience, we would recommend using English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish.
- All participants will be allowed to modify their code during the stipulated independent coding time, i.e. 17:30 – 20:00 (GMT+8).
- Back-end simulation will begin at 20:00 (GMT+8), during which your code will be run against fellow IOI participants.
- At the result announcement at 21:30 (GMT+8), the top 16 finalists entering the knockout round, together with their opponents and sequence of simulation will be shown on the livestream.
- Before the knockout round begins, the top 16 finalists will be given 25 minutes to modify their code. Live simulation will begin promptly at 22:00 (GMT+8) and run according to the sequence shown on the livestream. Please be reminded to reserve sufficient time for submitting your code before the live simulation begins.
- Opponents for the knockout round would be seeded.
- Commentary will be provided during the live simulation, please select your preferred language accordingly.
- Client computer:
- A laptop connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) is strongly recommended.
- RAM: at least 4 GB
- Operating system: Windows/ MacOS
- Browser: Chrome is recommended
- Input devices: Keyboard, mouse/ trackpad
- During the competition, participants may seek clarification on wording in the coding arena via the live chat support provided on the page of the live stream. If deemed necessary, the clarifications will be announced to all participants. Clarification related to specific use of code will not be provided.
- Live caption will be available in 68 languages. Please select your preferred language accordingly.
Participants may be disqualified from the competition or suffer a penalty if they:
- Improperly obtains or attempts to obtain knowledge of the final competition coding arena prior to the competition
- Tamper with the competition arena, other contestants’ work, system network and/or other systems
- Start to work on the competition arena before being instructed to do so
- Continue to work on their code after the stipulated coding time
CodeCombat Login Instructions
Enter Competition Arena:
Livestreaming Starts 23/6 at 5pm (GMT+8)
For live chat support, please click the red help widget below:
If you have any questions or clarifications about the event and CodeCombat arena, our support team is live and will be right with you!